Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences
Week of Nov. 14-18, 2016 SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
Appointments will be scheduled before / during / after school hours.
The purpose of our Fall conference is to help the teachers get to know your child better. Online sign up for a 20-minute appointment will be open the week prior to conferences. If these are not a convenient days for you, the teachers are happy to accommodate you at another time. Just ask! We will provide childcare during the conferences.
Do not bring a sick child to school under any circumstances!
Sometimes a child does not exhibit any of the symptoms listed below, but he/she may appear tired, listless, or irritable. In this case, it is preferable for the child to remain home and recover. A child who is not feeling well cannot readily join in the school activities and feels even worse.
A child is considered sick when he/she:
- has not felt well the night before school or on the day of school. Keep the child at home as a general precaution.
- has a fresh cold (under 3 days)
- has a fever. Wait until the child's temperature has returned to normal for at least 24 hrs. without use of fever-reducing medication.
- has experienced nausea and/or vomiting. Wait at least 24 hrs. until these symptoms have abated.
- has experienced diarrhea. Wait until the child has at least one normal bowel movement.
School Closings and Delayed Openings
When Lawrence Township Public Schools (hereafter referred to as LTPS) are closed due to inclement weather, LPP will also be closed. When LTPS has a delayed opening, LPP will delay opening until 10:00 a.m. Dismissal time will remain 12:00 noon. Closings and delayed openings for LTPS are announced on the LTPS website—www.ltps.org.