At Lawrenceville Presbyterian Preschool, we believe that every child is a unique and special individual, with their own strengths, interests, and learning style. Our mission is to partner with families to grow happy, well-rounded children who are prepared for a lifetime of learning and success.
We provide a warm, nurturing, and inclusive environment where children can explore, discover, and learn at their own pace. Our Christian values guide our interactions with children, families, and each other, and we strive to model kindness, respect, and compassion in all we do.
Our developmentally-appropriate curriculum is designed to support the optimal growth and development of the whole child. We believe that children are active learners, and we provide opportunities for active exploration and play in all areas of development. Our curriculum is designed to promote growth in six key areas:
- Personal Awareness: We help children develop a positive sense of self, by encouraging self-expression, self-regulation, and self-care.
- Emotional Well-being: We support children’s emotional development by creating a safe and secure environment, and helping them learn to identify, express, and manage their feelings.
- Cognition: We provide a rich and stimulating environment that encourages children to explore, experiment, and solve problems, building their cognitive skills and preparing them for academic success.
- Communication: We support children’s language development by providing rich language experiences, fostering active listening and communication skills, and encouraging children to express their thoughts and ideas.
- Socialization: We help children develop positive relationships with peers and adults, by promoting social skills such as cooperation, empathy, and conflict resolution.
- Perceptual-motor skills: We provide opportunities for children to develop their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their perceptual abilities such as spatial awareness and visual discrimination.
We believe that children learn best when they are actively engaged, when they feel safe and supported, and when their families are actively involved in their learning. We strive to create a caring and compassionate community where every child feels valued, and where families feel supported and empowered in their role as their child’s first and most important teacher.
We are committed to providing a high-quality early childhood education that prepares children for a lifetime of learning and success, and we look forward to partnering with you and your family on this important journey.