2-yr-olds - Two Days per Week - Mondays & Fridays;
3-yr-olds - Three Days per Week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
4-yr-olds - Four or Five Days per Week - Monday - Friday.
Our school year runs from early September through the end of May.
We follow the Lawrence Townships Schools calendar for school holidays.
We offer a separate Summer Days program on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for the first two weeks of June.
One of the many things that sets LPP apart from other preschools is our Helping Parent classroom commitment. We expect family members to be assistants in the classroom. This is a unique and wonderful opportunity to be involved in your child’s education. Family members benefit from the opportunity to observe the way our highly-qualified, professional teachers interact with the preschool children, and how their child relates to their classmates. This encourages an entirely different educational experience for the FAMILY, allowing family members to develop and utilize new skills to help children play, work and grow.
Parents of enrolled children may visit the classrooms at any time without prior approval from the director or any staff member. If a non-parent visitor is to come into the school, they must be accompanied by a parent or gain permission from the Director prior to visiting. This is to protect our children and keep the classroom a peaceful environment.
2. Acceptable behavior will be stressed by a positive approach, action, and language.
3. Standards and limits will be upheld so individuals will have freedom and rights within the group.
4. Guidance is needed to achieve self-direction and self-control.
5. Basic human values such as trust, respect, honesty, and caring interactions with others will be nurtured.
6. We will help children appropriately express their thoughts, feelings, and emotions.
7. The classroom atmosphere will be one of acceptance, tolerance, and patience.
8. We feel that touching a child can provide security, a feeling of accomplishment, or help him or her refrain from an undesirable act.
9. Independent behavior, work habits, and decision making will be encouraged.
10. A time of renewal for the child may be provided by temporary exclusion from a group or activity.
11. Close contact with parents will be maintained by daily conversations, conferences and newsletters.
12. Each adult in the cooperative classroom shares the responsibility for classroom behavior.
13. We will not use corporal punishment.
14.We will stress the importance of the home and school providing structure and accountability so that children can take responsibility for their choices and actions.